Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies is currently hiring a Corrective and Preventive Maintenance Equipment worker for our Lakewood campus. If you have excellent troubleshooting skills; enjoy a challenge and thrive at working in a fast-paced work environment please apply below!
With minimal supervision, supports maintenance needs of: simple/manual; semi-automated; and certain aspects of fully automated manufacturing equipment. Maintenance activities include: troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, controls, and electrical systems; understanding and utilizing PLC input and output as a troubleshooting aide; minor equipment performance improvement activities; corrective maintenance; and preventative maintenance.
• Completes maintenance activities such as: troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, controls and electrical systems; uses the PLC I/O to troubleshoot machine control issues; equipment performance improvement projects; process validation activities; corrective maintenance tasks; and preventative maintenance tasks.
• Contributes to process optimization through equipment design improvements, improvements to operating and maintenance procedures, and maintenance activities.
• Independently troubleshoots equipment with a high degree of quality and reliability.
• Implements permanent corrective actions to eliminate recurrent problems.
• Continues to develop skills and knowledge on equipment and RF welding utilizing: self-study; CiNet/OWL; and knowledgeable team members.
• Assists in developing the technical capabilities of less experienced mechanics to help build their skills.
• Maintains a level of knowledge of the manufacturing technologies, processes and equipment to provide support for all processes and equipment in all areas.
• Learns and demonstrates proficiency with advanced maintenance practices and techniques.
• Responds and executes work with a sense of urgency and utilizes support systems to minimize downtime.
• Performs all tasks in accordance with company and department policies, procedures, and guidelines.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• May handle, collect, label and transfer hazardous waste following established procedures and guidelines.
• May be required to work on other shifts and to be “on-call” as needed.
• May lead special projects.