To generate revenue and fuel company growth, exciting new products must fill an identified need, provide a clear benefit, and be released swiftly to capture market share. Rapid Cycle Product Introduction will ensure market relevance, decrease costs, and speed up time-to-market of highly differentiated products for your company through the application of an accelerated, targeted product introduction model.
With this methodology, you will strategically develop customer-defined products by:
- Creating an agreed-upon product strategy with Technology Roadmapping
- Accelerating, streamlining, and standardizing your development process
- Identifying and prioritizing customer requirements by actively engaging them in the entire process
The fast-paced, three-day workshop consists of a mix of classroom training, awareness-building exercises, and hands-on application of principles to guide you through the creation of your own custom product introduction process that fits company resources and capabilities. The structured training model will emphasize balancing cost, performance, quality and risk, and provide simple tools to track progress and changes.
Participants will begin by completing pre-workshop exercises and worksheets to kick start the development of a product/market matrix and technology roadmaps. Armed with homework, participants will begin the workshop by learning and applying the pivot methodology to ensure new products meet market requirements and are taken to market as early and often as possible therefore avoiding the expense and time of over-designing.
Your team will then develop current and future state technology roadmaps. This roadmap will be a multi layered, time based chart reflecting the integration of technology, products, commercial perspectives, and company strengths. A top priority product will then be selected and taken through an accelerated version of product development, focusing on risk analysis, planning for requirements traceability, and developing a timeline with scheduled phase and design reviews.
- Develop a framework for an accelerated product introduction process that includes design and phase reviews and always includes multiple rounds of rapid market testing
- Learn key tools for streamlining and organizing your product introduction process
- Customize a set of documents to assist with rapid cycle product introduction:
- Framework and Tools for Customer Engagement
- Technology Roadmap
- Accelerated Product Development Process including Design/Phase Reviews
- Risk Analysis (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Economic Impact Analysis