The Regional Director’s role is to identify and support new and existing clients in the sale, support, and coordination of deliverable/services that Manufacturer’s Edge provides. These services are designed to enhance the productivity, growth, technological performance, and strength of the manufacturing companies with whom Manufacturer’s Edge engages.
Client Sales (pre-contract)
Prospect, generate leads, and convert sales to contract by working with manufacturing companies in the geographical region where the Regional Director serves.
Account Management (post-contract)
Manage the client relationship to build partnerships within the assigned region. During a project, this will also include contract management to ensure that proposals, projects, deliverables, and project impact are executed per the contract scope of work.
Represent Manufacturer’s Edge at local, regional, statewide, and national events by supporting technical demonstrations, presentations, and/or workshops. This may include the coordinating tours as well as supporting tradeshows, expos, regional meetings, and networking events.
Identify continuous development/learning opportunities of personal and professional skills to grow the region, develop individual skills, and enhance the Manufacturer’s Edge brand.
Ensure all reporting and client tracking is completed to ensure compliance with Manufacturer’s Edge policies and procedures.
Measures of performance: metrics the position is required to achieve
• 80-100% impact survey completion with clients post-delivery of services
• 90-100% client response that the services have impacted their business metrics
• 3 to 5 new clients under contract each month for a total of 36 per calendar year, of which 1 must be a new client who has not received services in the last 4 years
• Excellent at building, managing, and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders and clients
• Proficient at managing sales processes for each phase (prospecting leads, contract management, and impact survey/post-engagement)
• Expertise in account management from sale to delivery
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite and other CRM tools (Salesforce preferred)
• Ability to network and grow business in defined region
• Ability to connect with leadership to build credibility and rapport quickly
• Preferred knowledge of the manufacturing industry
• 3 years direct sales experience required, preferably in professional services
• Manufacturing industry experience preferred
• Salary $65-80K, based on experience
• Position is bonus eligible after 6 months if revenue and impact metrics are met or exceeded
To apply: please send resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position closes on August 15, 2019.