Midwest Defense Forum: DoD Insights and Supplier Matchmaking
April 14, 2021
8:00 am – 2:30 pm
A virtual learning and matchmaking event for Kansas, Missouri, and Colorado manufacturers
Attendees of this event will hear from defense experts about how advanced manufacturing capabilities can enable small and mid-sized businesses to succeed in a post-COVID-19 world and gain firsthand insight from peers who leverage advanced manufacturing technology in their own manufacturing operations.
Subcontracting can be a lucrative avenue for manufacturers that want to work in the government sector. Attendees will be able to connect with the US Department of Defense, other government agencies, and large system integrators for virtual networking and matchmaking sessions.*
Please join Kansas Manufacturing Solutions (KS), Missouri Enterprise (MO), Manufacturer’s Edge (CO), and their partners MxD and govmates, for this engaging event.
Who Should Attend
The ideal event attendees are:
- Representatives from small and mid-sized manufacturers who are currently part of OR interested in learning more about joining the defense industrial base
- Manufacturing professionals who are involved in or responsible for crafting and deploying digital strategy within their organization
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic hit, the U.S. Department of Defense prioritized the modernization of factories to increase the global competitiveness of American manufacturing. Many manufacturers are already accelerating their own digital transformation, yet a significant number are still trying to understand how advanced manufacturing can help them meet customer needs and increase operational agility–without increasing costs.
Opening & Welcome
Advanced Manufacturing for the DoD Supply Base
- What is digital manufacturing
- How does it apply across the digital thread
- Understanding the risks and benefits
Small business case study
- Hear firsthand from small manufacturers about their digital journey
10:30 am – 10:45 am: Break
Panel Discussion – Contracting Considerations for DoD Suppliers
- Cybersecurity compliance: CMMC & DFARS
- Where small businesses can look for support /contract opportunities
- Where are new contracts failing and /or succeeding
Introduce Supplier Matchmaking
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch Break
Virtual networking / Matchmaking meetings*
*In order to be eligible to participate in virtual matchmaking sessions, once you register for the event, you will be sent a link to create a matchmaking profile. You will be notified of your matchmaking sessions no later than Monday, March 22, 2021.
Please note matchmaking sessions are not guaranteed – matches will be facilitated based upon company information you provide in your matchmaking profile and the needs of participating primes and government buyers.
All virtual matchmaking sessions will take place via Microsoft Teams in a web browser. The Microsoft Teams app is not required.